2019年8月6日火曜日

Peace boat and Fukushima Kids welcome event/ Cairns City of Hope

With your suppot, Fukushima kids stayed Cairns for 11days for refresh camp and They had great experience.

They could done many things that they can't do in Fukushima.

Thank you very much for all your support.


We would like to write report in this blog.
21st July  

Welcome to Cairns
  

They arrive Cairns early morning of Sunday 21st July.

Welcome💓

 We had meeting at Airport.

The main message for kids is

Enjoy nature in Cairns.
Please express yourself freely.

Fukushima kids desided leader for each day.


After meeting and breakfast, Junko and Ryoko pick up students and we all went to Esplanade for prepare Welcoming event for peace boat and Fukushima Kids .

Thank you very much Inge san for organizing such a wonderful Event!!!

We really appreciated Inge san and Daniel san for great opportunity.






Smile with Kids has 3 stall.
 Charity goods stall

Origami Stall


What happening in Fukushima Exhibition

First customer for the day.
Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for volunteers!

Speech practice began.






Thank you very much for listening.

They helped Japan day of Hope event as well.



Sumire baked gluten free cake for Fukushima kids.Thank you very much for your continous support!


This is event program. Thank you very much for wonderful speech, preformances, stall and all your support.







 Thnak you very much Yasu san family for great sign.




Organizer Inge san also did great MC.

 
Thank you very much. Internatinal coordinator Daniel san.


All Fukushima kids did speech on the day.
https://www.facebook.com/smilewithkids/


 Thank you very much for great performance
Minjil Yidinji Cultural Services

 https://www.facebook.com/Minjil-Yidinji-Cultural-Services-189026931813369/











Welcome to Country
 
Cairns Mayor's speech.

Thank you very much for great support from Cairns Council.
We really appreciated.

Peace Boat
Kei san's speech from Consular Office in Cairns, Consulate General of Japan


Peace boat yosakoi team


 


Thank you very much Cairns post for article.




Thank you very much Win News.


Well done Karin.


7 News 
https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSCairns/videos/2419393471678020/?v=2419393471678020


 Great performance by Wa band.

Please go to their site for listening their wonderful music.
Thank you very much for playing for Fukushima kids.





Fukushima kids booth were sucessful.
They could have a great experience.
Thank you!





 




Thank you very much for your continous support, Cairns Taiko.

https://www.facebook.com/CairnsTaiko/

 It was great performance!

 
 
 
   

    



Cairns Yosakoi team Fun's member came to meet up peace boat Yosakoi team.




This is one of student Taisei Kanno's speech.
https://www.facebook.com/smilewithkids/videos/2396389040448692/?active_tab=discussion


Cairns, City of Hope Event photo taken by Yasu. please have a look wonderful photos →
https://www.facebook.com/pg/smilewithkids/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2377696635651266


Smile with Kids booth

Charity Goods Sales$236
Stall Donation  $28
Exihibition Donation $108.05

Total $372.05

Thank you very much for all your support.
We really appreciated.


After event, Fukushima kids went to have a look peace boat.

image
image 

image image image image image
image


Thank you very much for meaningfull and great event.
It was very special day for us and kids.


After tour, Fukushima kids met their hostfamily and went to home.

We would like to say thank you for Michi san
from Learn Japanese Cairns for introducing many of hostfamily.

Karin and family

Yua and family
 
Yushi and family
Yuhi and family

Miko and family

Hiro and family

Taisei and family
 
Ayaka

 
 Welcome soccer for Ayaka.
 Kid's report

Ayaka Fujii 

The traffic lights are 3 only in a row in Japan but here in Australia, there are 4 lights. I was surprised.
In the event of Cairns City of Hope, WA BAND played a song for us, Fukushima Kids. I was impressed by that and moved to almost tears. I was delighted. After that, we visited inside the Peace Boat. Listening to the guide, I thought it might be good to work on there in the future. I want to know how I can improve my speech in front of audiences.

When I landed in Australia, which is a foreign country for me, everything that I see was impressive. Especially I cannot forget the face of the person who checked my immigration card at the airport. "This is joke!" he said. Very nice people.
I was glad to attend the event of Fukushima Kids & Peace Boat. The speech which I had in front of the audience is still remaining in my mind. I was very nervous before the speech, but during the English speech gradually I could start to smile. When I told my name, some people clapped and after I finished speech, I got an applause. I really appreciated it.
I was wondering what people in abroad would feel if I talk about the nuclear reactor in Fukushima. I was grateful that everyone listened to me even my English was not perfect. I really appreciate that there are so many people from abroad helping Japan regarding the nuclear reactor issues. And surprisingly, there were so many local non-Japanese people as well helped this event today.
Today was very fulfilled and I really enjoyed. I will do my best to have another great day tomorrow. Thank you so much to conduct this project.

Miko Kanbayashi
The pedestrian signals were different from the ones in Japan.
I noticed there are many people walking barefoot.
At the first event, there were some stalls and tables set up, and I looked after the origami section. It was so good that I could talk to many local people.
I enjoyed the performance by ‘Wa’ Band and the dance by an aboriginal group. I had an opportunity to give my speech in English. I read it off the paper, but when in the evening I did my speech again, Clare and Chris said I did well so that made me happy. I want to get better at expressing my emotions more in my speech.
When I went on a tour to look around Peaceboat, I felt that the scenery from the viewing platform was beautiful. There were many passengers, and I was surprised that many of them were Japanese.
Clare and Chris talked to me in the car, but I struggled to reply. It was hard to initiate conversations, so I want to try more from tomorrow.
At the event, I really felt that this refreshment camp is possible due to the support of many people from young to old. I’m grateful and I want to make the most of the remaining time here.


Karin Hirakuri
-I saw a bird I've never seen before. I felt the air was cleaner than Japan, maybe because there are more trees here. I had the same hobby as my host family (Vanessa and India) so we got along quickly. -I was surprised all day by diversity of the way people in Australia think. It was nice that they accepted us pleasantly. I felt that I made it to Australia with many people's effort by attending the event today. It was tough to sell charity stuff, but I was happy to meet new people and to hear "Arigato" from many people when they received bagged merchandise. It was the day that I found how important it is to relate to people.
Yua Kanno

-Saw; host's house Saw; Cairns city/station Heard; time to get up Felt; when in trouble, helped me by changing to Japanese language. Concern; worried if I can get used to it. Moved; people who listened my speech and host family are very kind. Want to research; why pineapple on pizza? Thank; to be able to stay with the hosts, thank you. -I arrived to cairns today and joined in the charity event and met up with my host family. I made a few speeches at the event. I was shy and refused it at the beginning but once I did it, everyone said "good!", "easy to listen as nice and slow!" and I felt a bit confident. At host's, I played soccer with "GIVE" and "spend" and made pizza. It was delicious and we built a bond. I don't normally eat fresh tomato and cheese but I did today! I was relieved that my hosts are good Japanese speakers but I cannot improve my English if I always rely on them. So I will step up bit by bit and one day, I hope I can make a speech to them.



Yushi Ito 

I was surprised when I heard that the Route1 in Australia almost covers a big lap around this country. I think that road should be much longer than any roads in Japan. Big surprise.
My first home stay ever at Brent's place. I couldn't talk much because I was nervous. However, I could tell some of my thoughts.

The ship of "I CAN" was huge and I was surprised. The view from the top floor was beautiful and impressive. The dining and bar were gorgeous and clean. I took a lot of pictures. 

I want to be closer to Brent.


Hirotaka Kuchiki
-I thought it was just a bush but it was actually mangrove forest. There were many Japanese in Cairns. -4:00 Cairns 7:00-15:00 staff 11:00 Peace Boat 16:30 host family's place Many people in Cairns are kind. I found the cap of 600ml pet bottle was interesting. It has been really long day since the day before. It was really nice view from the host's house.
Taisei Kanno

I got emotional by making sales for charity and getting to see the inside of luxury boat. The most impressed part of today was the tour of the Peace Boat. I really enjoyed the explanations of the boat that can travel around the world and taking photos of it. I was surprised the most by the fact that more than half of the crew were Japanese. I was so happy that I got in the super luxurious ship which normally cost you just to get in. I was also surprised that there was a vending machine for alcohol.


Yuhi watanabe

I communicated with many people in English at the event. I was at Origami booth. Many kids, more than I expected, came over especially locals. I asked them "What make?" and they tilted their head. Other time, I didn't know what to say other than "Sorry" to their questions. I thought I cannot improve my language skill this way, so started using the grammar I know to children. Then the conversation got longer and longer. I asked a girl "Do you know this game?" and played "Look this way". She knew this game and enjoyed it. After that at the Origami booth, she asked me "What colour do you like?" and I answered "I like pink!" Then she came to me and gave me a pick origami box saying "I'm this give you." before she left. I'm glad that I started talking to her without being shy and I'm certain that you can get a result this way. I'll cherish this gift! -I was moved by the speech from Mr. Kodama and staff at the event. I live in Shirakawa, the south of Fukushima. So the impact was not big. Radioactive level is always in the weather forecast, but I've never thought what is dangerous level. At today's event, there were many Japanese attended and I heard many of them were evacuated here after the disaster. It is true that the people's interest over the disaster is reducing. Some thinks that erasing the memories leads recovery. But some deny. There is no right or wrong. So it is important to include many opinions in your sight. Having not only your opinion but wider vision by each person will be the key for recovery. It's not just about disaster. It's also the same in relationship. If you look at various opinion, I think you can build good relationship. I'll never forget the heartfelt stories at this event. -I finally met my host family. I was very nervous but my host father tried hard to speak in Japanese. Also the boys kept talking about Ninja and built good bond. They were sooo happy with my souvenir and I felt my shopping paid off. They used souvenir chopsticks at dinner. I taught how to use them. I was so glad when the six year old picked up a piece of tomato. After the boys went to bed, I practiced my speech with my host parents. They warmly asked about disaster and I thought they were kind. I didn't know what to do many times over the questions I didn't understand, but anyway, I'll keep going with smile!!


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿