2019年8月14日水曜日

Day7 Thank you very much Frankland Islands!

Refresh Camp Day7 26th July (Fri)

Fukushima Kids went to Frankland Islands.

Thank you very much for invite Fukushima kids again this year, Frankland Islands Reef Cruise.
This is 5th year and we really appriciate continous support!

https://www.franklandislands.com.au




Thank you so much, James, Elouise and all staff at Frankland Islands.

________________________


We enjoyed Frankland Islands bus trip from city to boat.




Nice view!



Fukushima kids were listening the safety talk by Japanese staff Hiro san.





They are getting ready.




Morning Tea time.








Fukushima kids arrived Frankland Islands.

















First time snorkelling!





Let's go to snorkelling!









Fukushima kids were so happy to see crown fish, many kind of fish and beautiful corals.




 They went to Semi-submersible





They could see many turtles!






Lunch Time!














Kids just love beautiful lunch on the beach!



After lunch, Fukushima kids joined walking tour.














They could have great experience at Frankland Islands.

They haven't swam in ocean in Fukushima since disaster,

Some of them swam in ocean in the other area, but they really impressed how beautiful Frankland Islands is!

Thank you very much once again.




We saw crocodile at river.


Talking time on the way.



Thank you very much for listening Fukushima Kid's story.









Yua met school teacher and she checked his speech. Thank you.










Thank you very much for all your kindness.




We are so grateful Frankland Islands Reef Cruises continous support.



 

Thank you very much.



Kid's report (translated by Akina, Emi, Sanae and Yuka)


Karin Hirakuri

image

I saw turtles and GBR in Frankland island. The deep blue water was nice and clear so that I could see the bottom of the sea. I had fried Udon noodle for dinner at Tokyo Dumpling. It was different from Japanese one and I noticed that they make it a bit saltier for Australians. 
In Frankland island, I saw many animals and plants that only exist there. It’s been 2years since last time I went to the beach but there was nothing to worry about and I was so happy and frolicking. It’s learning history for me to play with the waves and breathe the air created since the beginning of the island. On the way in the boat, I put aboriginal make up on and just slept on the way back. Although I heard everyone was practicing their speech. Dinner was at Tokyo Dumpling. “Let’s go out for dinner” It was out of blue, struggled with big Japanese menu and picked Australian beef fried udon in the end. It was a little salty. We guessed who is Japanese, Chinese or Korean there as we look all similar to them. We shared our food saying “Osusowake”, not just because I wanted to try them all, I believe... There are always many things to learn from Australian life. Tomorrow, it’ll be 1week since my arrival. I’ll absorb more and more before I leave!!


image




Miko Kambayashi
image

Seashell-look-object →toothpaste

I went to Frankland Island today. I snorkeled for the first time in my life. It was a bit tough when the water got in my goggles but I took it as a part of fun activity and enjoyed it. Both the sea and the greenery were beautiful. It was lucky that I saw a turtle. There were many interesting things in the mountains. We carved on timber with something like a rock, an object looked like seashell became toothpaste... It was very good experience that I’ve never done in Japan. I don’t think I’ve ever been to the beach in Fukushima. It’s far and I had an impression that it’s dangerous. As I became too busy to go go to the beach with my club activity, I enjoyed this visit so much.

image


Yushi Ito
image

Yuushi Ito

First impressions:
Today, we went to Frankland Islands. I experienced snorkelling for the first time. It was very difficult and I struggled. After that, we explored around the island. I was able to see and experience many things that I would not be able to in Japan so it was interesting.

Reflections:
I went to Frankland Islands! I did snorkelling for the first time. I’m good at swimming, but I found that snorkelling required different techniques. I kicked my legs a lot and tried my best. When I looked underwater, I saw many colourful fishes and reefs. I saw sea anemone and clownfish. Clownfish were very cute. However, it was winter, so it was cold and tiring lol.
I then ate lunch. Lunch on an island is quite something! I ate a big prawn. It was tasteless (maybe that’s too extreme to say, but it was flavoured only with salt!), so I suppose I got to enjoy the unique flavour of prawn. Anyway, I got to like prawns a lot more. Seriously.
After that, we went on a boat and enjoyed the underwater view. We saw sea turtle. It was big and adorable and left an impression on me. I thought Australian sea is beautiful (except for yesterday).
After that, we explored around the island. The most striking thing was that squid bone was on the ground. It was a really fun day. Thank you so much!

image



Hirotaka Kuchiki
image

-snorkeling
-many Anemone fish were around the corals.
-Frankland island was so beautiful both the water and the land. I saw turtles and jellyfish from the glass bottom boat. The prawns at the lunch time were delicious. During the island walk, I learned about various plants and seeds. They use squid’s cartilage for toothpaste. I saw a crocodile on the way bay. My partner for my speech was a volunteer worker in Holland when they had the earthquake.

image


Taisei Kanno
image

Taisei Kanno-I saw big corals, colourful fish and turtle. I’ve dived in Okinawa before and I found that there were many more fish and corals than Okinawa.
-I saw many creatures like corals, sea anemone and fish during snorkeling session. The fish were colorful and some corals were blue which I’ve never seen before. During the island walk, I listened the explanations of driftage, wood and fruits, and everything was new to me. I had so many experiences that I couldn’t do in Japan. The island was very beautiful and there was no rubbish. The beach was full of corals and it was fun to walk on. They were all good experiences as I never know when I can come back next time.

image



Ayaka Fujii

image

I tried snorkel for the first time and had fun time. When we were waiting for host family, we played tag. It was the most exhausting activity of the day but also became good memory that we played together. Cairns is the best! It was nice that we went to the tour as I saw a turtle and coral even though the water was cold.


The most memorable thing was that a crew said “I want to share a hug with you.” I was confused but then he put his hand on my shoulder and praised my speech. There is nothing more delightful like this. And then he gave me his card and said “come to email. ” I felt he was very nice.

Also I found another Ayaka in the crowd, who heard my speech. My name is a kind of common but I’ve never thought there is one in cairns. I was surprised by this and the other Ayaka, too.

Today, we went to Frankland island. I got suntan and enjoyed very much. Snorkeling was difficult but I was glad that I saw beautiful coral and fish. It was really fun and I was happy. I also had delicious cake.

Big thanks to people who listen my speech, tour crew. And I’d like to thank everyone who I met today. Thank you.

Today, I was able to have conversations with my host family using electronic dictionary. I'd like to give it a go again tomorrow.

image



Yua Kanno
image
Yua KannoFirst impressions: Today, we went to Great Barrier Reef. It was beautiful.
We made meat patties for the first time here in Australia and enjoyed them for dinner with Yuuhi’s host family.

Reflections:
This morning, we went to Great Barrier Reef. The sea was emerald green. We saw many things including many fishes and sea turtles. When snorkelling, we went forward by wearing fins on our feet. I couldn’t quite get the hang of it and everyone was concerned for me, but I gave it my best. Inside the sea, I saw blue sea anemone and various colourful things. On the glass bottom boat, we were able to see sea turtles and jellyfish. For lunch, we were able to eat many food including meat, prawns, vegetables and bread. After eating, we went around the island once and heard about flora and fauna of the island. I was surprised to hear a story about toothbrush and toothpaste. Apparently, mushroom and squid were used for toothbrush or toothpaste.
On the return trip, I had the chance to do my English speech. I received feedback from an English teacher. I’d like to apply the advice to my speech tomorrow at the ‘Kumon’ venue.
In the river, we saw a wild crocodile!! I was so happy to see a crocodile!!

After going back, I played toy guns with the children of my host family’s and that of Yuuhi’s host family. It was really fun.
After playing, we made meat patties with my host family and Yuuhi’s host family! It was very delicious!!

It was such a precious experience to visit an island that with a limit of 100 visitors. Thank you so much!!
Thank you so much to host family who always give me lifts to and from places and feed me delicious food!!
Finally, I also watched a film! The children were kind and they chose a film that had not a lot of conversations in English. It was an enjoyable film!!

image


Yuhi Watanabe




Yuuhi Watanabe

First impressions:
Today, we went to Frankland Islands. We went on the boat and it departed. The boat swayed more than I expected and I got sea sick. However, once we reached Frankland Islands, the scenery there was completely another world. It was a magnificent view. Once you saw this beautiful view, my sea sickness just went away!!
We enjoyed snorkelling. It was tricky to coordinate breathing and kicking legs, but I got the hang of it gradually.
The cute fishes and the coral reefs were all impressive. It was a short amount of time, but I was able to have an amazing time.
After the snorkelling, we went on a submarine. We saw breathtaking views that we could not see in Japan. Refreshing breeze. It was superb. Also, we got to see miraculously some sea turtles. They were adorable.
We then had buffet lunch. There were prawns and lots of fruit. There were some dishes that I ate for the first time and it was so delicious.
After lunch, we took a toilet break. We went on a little boat to the main boat to go to the toilet. This little boat also rocked quite a bit and I got sea sick again. After this toilet break, I could not get rid of the sea sickness so I rested in the shade. I did feel like maybe I wasn’t making the most of my time there, but I was really glad to rest while enjoying refreshing sea breeze.
I didn’t feel too well with sea sickness today. Sorry for the trouble I caused.

Tonight, we went to Yua’s host family’s place for dinner. It was a combined dinner between his host family and mine. The meat patties were large and it made me full. I was able to communicate well with Yua’s host family. We even cracked some jokes to each other. In the end, I concluded the day with lots of laughter.

image















































0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿