2019年8月12日月曜日

Day5 Farm stay-Hayabusa of Kuranda-Rainforestation/ Cairns Refresh Camp

Refresh Camp Day5
24th July (Wed)

Fukushima kids stayed one night at Taka's farm and listened Taka's story after dinner.

Taka joined peace walk in Japan and Australia.

He would like to let Fukushima kids just relax and play around in the nature freely.

He supported Japan day of Hope and Refresh camp every year in many ways.
We really appreciate their continous support.
Part of Taka's talk

When you have dream, please share to other people.
Some one will support you to achieve your dream.

It's doesn't matter what other people think about you.
It's important to express your seff what really do you think.
 Be honest with your self.

Please share your experience what happened in Fukushima.
That's very important for peace.

It's not must, but it will be nice if you can share your story.

 Please come back this farm anytime.




Kids really enjoyed their camping experience.

This tent donated by Mr Allan at Japan day of Hope.

image

 Thank you very much! Kids really had a wonderful time in there.

image



 Next morning, Fukushima kids went to pick up Vegitable.




 Barefeet in the rain.

After work, they had warm shower and relaxed for a little while.



Well done everyone.


Then kids cooked break fast together.

Fresh salad from Taka's farm.

Yummy




After breakfast, all kids helped each other and cleaned a room.


Thank you very much Taka and family for great experience.


たかさん、本当にありがとうございました。








Fukushima kids went to Hayabusa at Kuranda.
They really enjoyed fresh Japanese sweet and Mango Tea.




 Thank you very much Ben san for your continous support.




Photo by Kids^^


 Thank you very much for invite kids to golf.


They really enjoyed.



 With Ben and Mikako.


Thank you very much Ben san, Miwako san,
Kei san and everyone in Original Market.



Then we went to Rainfrestation.

Thank you very much for invitation!


 Abolijinal Dance show





Meeting Australian Animal




Boomerang Experience





 Army Duck experience








 With Many people's suport, Fukushima kids could have a wonderful experience.

Thank you very much!


Here is Kid's Report translated by Akina, Emi, Sanae and Yuka)
Thank you.


Karin Hirakuri


Things that I saw/heard for the first time:
I held a koala for the first time!
I would like to thank for the free ride on the Army Duck at the Rainforestation.

Things I did today:

From the early morning, we harvested vegetables at Taka-san's farm on bear feet in a heavy rain. By doing so I think I understood why Taka-san thinks it's important to look at the face of the buyers when he hands out his vegetables to them. Due to the wet weather I got cold and felt a little unwell, but I was proud of the work we did. We encouraged one another in that situation, and I felt that our friendship got even stronger which made me happy. 
After that we went to the only authentic Japanese sweets shop in Australia and met the Japanese couple who own the shop. After that we had a chance to play the miniature golf for free thanks to people's support. I won the game.  
At Rainforestation we watched the traditional Aboriginal dance, and had a ride on the Army Duck. I felt that the tough body of the Army Duck was telling us about the harshness of the war. 
Each day we have more and more people supporting us, and while I felt bad that they are doing so much for us, I thought I want to return the favour back to them one day.




Miko Kambayashi

Miko Kanbayashi

We harvested vegetables at Taka-san's farm early in the morning. This farm is also an organic farm so there was a slug, which gave me a fright. It started raining later on and we got wet and cold. As we were on bear feet, our feet got very muddy and I didn't like that situation at the harvest, but in the end the rain got weaker and it was fun.
Then we had some daifuku (a type of Japanese rice sweets) and played a miniature golf. It was a bit difficult to control the ball. I seldom play golf in Japan so it was a great experience.

We also went to Rainforestation and held a koala. I was surprised that it was much heavier than I thought. We saw many other animals after that. At the boat we saw a lot of plants. We could not find the blue butterfly, but we luckily saw a chameleon-like creature so that was good.




Yushi Ito
Yushi Ito

First impressions:
Today, I went for the first time to a Japanese sweets shop overseas.
I ate eucalyptus dango (mochi balls), something I can only have here in Australia. There was slight bitterness to it. It was my first time to taste eucalyptus. Then I went to rainforest station and cuddled a koala for the first time. I heard that koalas are smelly, but it wasn't that smelly. It was fluffy and cute. I saw aboriginal peoples's dance, and it was quite powerful.

Reflections:
I went to a Japanese sweets shop called "Hayabusa" in Kuranda, and ate eucalyptus dango (mochi balls). It was slightly bitter, but with sweet red bean paste, it tasted delicious. It was my first time to taste eucalyptus, and I thought about how koalas are eating this is the kind of taste. This slight bitterness of eucalyptus left an impression on me.

At the rainforest station, I got to cuddle a koala. It was fluffy and adorable. I heard from Yua that koalas are one of the animals with longest sleeping time, and that they sleep about 23 hours in a day. That leaves only one hour of time awake. I was so surprised to hear that. I then watched the aboriginal people's traditional dance. I thought it was very impactful and powerful.




Ayaka Fujii

Ayaka Fujii 

First impressions:
When I saw koala for the first time, I thought it looked like a soft toy and felt it was adorable. A I cuddled koala, I felt like I was a tree. After that, we went to Hayabusa Japanese sweets shop. I was really moved to hear that the sweets sold here do not use any ingredients that are written in katakana. Also, I was grateful that what would have costed 40 dollars to drive the car was made free for us.

Reflections:
In the early morning, we harvested vegetables at Malanda Farm, and that left a lasting impression. We were all covered in mud and gave it our best in doing the harvest work. I got more muddy than expected, and that surprised me. But it was really fun.
I really had fun tasting the Japanese sweets and playing mini golf. For the first time, I ate dango (mochi balls) with eucalyptus flavour, and savoured its taste. At the mini golf, we tallied the points and I came in second place. It was really fun and good.
Also, cuddling the koala at the Rainforest Station and seeing the aboriginal dance performance will become a great memory. Koala was so cute and I could have cuddled it for much longer. The aboriginal dance show was impactful. One of the aboriginal people surprised me from the back, and that'll be a good story to tell.
Today, I met Catherine for the first time. She is very kind and I felt at ease. She lives with three cats, and I became good friends with them. When I gave her a souvenir gift, she gave me a big hug and a koala soft toy as a present. I asked her to listen to my speech, and she said OK. She gave me constructive feedback. I want to initiate conversations with her more. Thank you, Catherine.



Hirotaka Kuchiki

Hirotaka Kuchiki

Today's new things: 
-The soil at Taka-san's farm is red and hard to come off
-Eucalyptus dumpling
-The blue butterfuly brings happiness

What I did today:
-We harvested vegetables at Taka-san's farm
-It was raining and muddy so we did it on bear feet
-We collected lettus and did some thinning of the daikon radish
-We had the eucalyptus dumpling for lunch
-We watched the Aboriginal dance
-We had some jungle adventure



Taisei Kanno


I was happy that I cuddled koala for the first time. 
I remember the most that we went to farm early in the morning and harvested some vegetables in the rain. It was fun to pick the vegetables, that we don’t see in Japan, by my own hands. Also I was moved by cuddling a koala and exploring the rainforest by army duck. There were full of big trees and plants I’ve never seen before. It was good experience even though I couldn’t finish nd any Ulysses. Aborigine’s Javelin throwing was awesome. Their accuracy from distance was impressive.


・・・・・・

Yua Kanno

Yua Kanno

First impressions:
- I was able to help out with preparing the vegetables for sending them out -> Some tasks were done in the rain, so that was cold and challenging lol. 
- The Japanese sweets that we ate had no preservatives or additives, like colouring. It was delicious.
- My first time to try mini golf. It was difficult...!!
- My first cuddle with koala. It was not as smelly as expected !? 
- Rainforest -> Very frustrating (read below for more).

Reflections:
Today was full on again!!
In the morning, in the pouring rain, we harvested dikon radish and spring onions.
Us boys were silly and we ventured out barefoot with shorts and short-sleeved tees. Rain was falling on us and we were shivering lol. We were covered in mud, but we continued with harvesting the vegetables. When we got inside the house, Taisei was particularly looking cold. The shower after the hard work felt so good. After that, we enjoyed the fruit of our labour of love: "Japanese curry", "sausage", "scrambled egg" and "fruits". 
Thank you so much, Taka!!

-----
For lunch, we went to Kuranda and enjoyed Japanese sweets!! In Japan, many sweets have colouring and various artificial flavourings, but Ben's Japanese sweets, such as daifuku, do not have such things in it. I felt like his sweets were more delicious than that in Japan! lol. 
Thank you, Ben!!

After lunch, we split up between boys and girls and played mini golf. It was my first time to do it so it seemed I was the least skilled...! Next time, I'll aim to be the best!!
-------
In the afternoon, I got to cuddle a koala. From the group that went last year, I head that koala bears are smelly. However, I didn't think they were that smelly. They were fluffy, adorable and I was pretty smitten ♡ lol
After that, we went aboard an Army Duck and looked around the tropical rainforest. There were ancient trees from the jurassic period! It is said that if you see one Ulysses butterfly, you'll become happy; if you see two, nothing will happen; and if you see three, you'll be happy for life. This got me looking!! -> However, in the end, I found "zero"!!

-------
After this, I returned to host family's house. It felt like I hadn't seen them in a while so I was happy!! We went to a ramen shop called "Gamba ramba". I've been able to hold conversations more so I've been very happy lol!! After the dinner, we walked around Cairns! I was able to play a lot with the host family's children so it was a lot of fun!! Also, the ice cream we ate together was very delicious!!

-----
Finally, I want to say thank you to Taka for the 1 night 2 days farm stay!! I don't like insects but I've grown more appreciation towards them. Also, I'm so thankful to "Jun" who was the driver, and "Masayo" who was the guide, for making time for us and taking us to various places.




Yuhi Watanabe


 Yuuhi Watanabe

I slept in a tent outdoors for the first time in my life. It became very cold and I woke up very early in the morning. After that, we went to Taka's farm. It rained the day before so the ground was wet. As a result, we ended up harvesting the vegetables barefoot. It was my first time to walk barefoot on soil so it felt very strange. While picking up the vegetables, it rained. It was cold and wet, but really fun. After the harvest, the breakfast we ate at Taka's house was warm and delicious. After the breakfast, we helped load the vegetables from Taka's farm into bags to send them out. At that point, Taka sad something that struck a chord in my heart. 
Taka said, "It's good to have dreams. Put that into words. If you put effort into your dream, there will be someone that will be watching you. And those watching you will give you their full support. So don't be embarrassed of your dream and talk about it."

After we said goodbye to Taka, we went to Japanese sweet shop. I ate three types of 'ohagi': kinako, sesame seeds, and red bean paste. I ate them all and they were delicious. We then played mini golf. It was my first time to play golf. It was more difficult than expected and I struggled, but I got better eventually. It was for a short amount of time but it was really fun.

We went to Rainforest Station. I am allergic to animals so I was not able to cuddle the koala. However, I was happy just looking at the fluffy koala; it was adorable. There were kangaroos, too. It was so nice to be able to see them so close up. We then saw the aboriginal dance. It was a unique kind of dance and singing and I was so surprised. There were some moves that were easy to follow, and it was really fun.

After this, I went shopping with my host family and Yua. In contrast to Japan, juice, snacks... everything was much bigger! I was very excited. I'm happy I could buy sweets that look 'typically overseas'. The sales assistant, who was a high schooler, could speak Japanese fluently, and we chatted and laughed a lot together. 
That evening, I made somen noodles for the family. The plan was that we'd go out to eat at sushi restaurant. However, I misheard the plan and ended up making somen instead lol. Even then, the host family said they were glad to have tasted my somen as it's something they can't eat at restaurants, so I was relieved. I was happy that it ended up being delicious. However, I forgot to finish it off with a sprinkle of finely chopped nori seaweed, which I had brought with me.




More photos 

23rd July Eco Banana, Paronella Park, Spring Dew farm at Malanda  

24th July  Spring Dew Farm, Hayabusa of Kuranda, Rainforestation 


Thank you very muchX

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿