2019年8月7日水曜日

Refresh Camp Day3 2019 Kids has learned about Australian uranium and history

Refresh Camp Day3   22nd July 2019


 We have meeting at Botanic garden in the morning.



We watched short video Message from Yvonne Margarula.

Video : Australian uranium fuelled Fukushima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqM1GZuILGA

Her story touched children's heart.

They thought only Fukushima people having hard time after nuclear accident.
But after listening her story, kids amazed not only them who suffer.

image

Yoshiki and Ryoko shared their story and Fukushima kids shared their opinion and feeling.
It was meaningful time.

 After meeting, Fukushima kids enjoyed walking around in the Botanic Garden.













After walk, we went to  Sushi Train Cairns North

https://www.facebook.com/Sushi-Train-North-Cairns-593591747499857/


Sushi Train Manager Shun san invite Fukushima kids every year. This is 5th time.
 We really appreciate their continous support.

Fukushima kids were so happy to see Sushi and They really enjoyed their lunch there.





Shun san and Fukushima Kids



With Shun and Sayuri @ Sushi Train


Fukushima kids really appreciated warm support from Sushi Train.

Thank you very much Shun san, Sayuri san and all staff.



 After lunch, kids see their article in Cairns Post.






 They Fukushima kids went to Esplanade.

They enjoyed photo shooting.







This is Mr Alexander Brown. He came from Japan and help our event as volunteer.



Also we got interview.
Thank you very much.


 Fukushima kids learned history from Masa.
 

Cairns Cenotaph





Thank you Harumi san for looking after Mr Kodama. 
She support our Japan day of Hope event every year and great person and therapist.
Thank you.


Please read kid's report for that day.

Taisei Kanno 

At the Botanical Garden I was impressed with the various flowers and trees that we don't see in Japan. There were some trees that had many vines, and many tall trees that looked like palm trees. Most of these trees were something I had never seen before.
The most impressive things from today were the Sushi Train's sushi and the plants in the Botanical Gardens. The sushi were not so different from the ones in Japan and they were delicious. But most of these sushi didn't use much nori, and there were some kinds that we don't see in Japan. Some had cheese in it which would be loved by the locals.
The plants in the Botanical Gardens had many flowers of the colours that we don't see in Japan such as orange, crimson and red. Grass, trees and leaves of flowers were really big and in a beautiful green colour. Some trees were really tall and some had many branches and leaves.
We also listened to an Aboriginal person's talk (about the uranium mining). He was feeling very sympathetic to us; he was feeling more pain than us the actual victims, and I thought it was quite self-punishing.



Yuhi Watanabe


 Yuuhi Watanabe

We went to the botanic gardens. There, we saw a video clip of a woman relating to uranium. After that, we had some discussion. I was reminded that the victims of radiation were not only the people of Fukushima. We talked about whether we agree or not with nuclear energy. It was possible to not get caught up with just my own opinion, and to discuss it from various perspectives, so I was able to expand my thinking.
It was great to to be able to hear about Australian history. I had learnt most of what I heard today. However, I was taught things that were not in textbooks. I could hear things I could not in Japan.
For lunch, we went to Sushi Train. I had missed Japanese food over the last two days so it was delicious. There were some original sushis like salmon roll with cheese, which was interesting. We were able to enjoy these sushi thanks to support from Sushi Train. I was reminded that I could be here thanks to many people's support.
To do things, not for oneself, but for others. If it were me, I don't think I could do it. While I spend my time here, I will not forget that I am receiving support from many people.
We returned to host family's home. After that, I went hiking with my host father, brother, Yua and Yua's host family. I had thought we were going to do some bush walking. However, we were told we will be climbing mountains. I was so surprised. I was wearing a long skirt and felt embarrassed by my inappropriate clothing haha. Once we started climbing, there were quite a lot of sharp hills, and only after 400m, I was already tired. I talked to Yua's host brothers while climbing. There were many things I wanted to say which could not be conveyed. Yua and I tried hard to keep talking. As we chatted more, I felt that we were getting closer. By the time we finished, we were throwing jokes at each other and that made me happy. Yua and I both shared the concern about whether conversations can last. While climbing, we were able to advise each other about how we can communicate better, which was comforting. We took about an hour in total hiking for about 5 km. I was exhausted!!
At dinner time, we made hand rolled sushi. I told them that sushi tastes delicious if you dip it in a mixture of wasabi paste and soy sauce. There was a lot more to talk about compared to yesterday!!! I want to keep this up. I played origami with the boys. I was surprised that the way to fold paper airplanes are different between Japan and Australia. The ones the boys made flew really well, and they taught me how to fold it haha.


Ayaka Fujii



In Botanic Garden, I was amazed by a lot of unique plants which I had never seen in Japan. I was surrounded by a lot of big leaves and I felt as if I was in a picture book. In Sushi Train, I was surprised that there were inside out rolls much more than Japan. I was glad to have a dessert as well.
At the Esplanade, I listened to Masa san's history talk and I wanted to look into history more myself. The photo session time by the sea would be unforgettable memory.
"Wow, it's so big!" We talked each other in Botanic Garden.
I really enjoyed our lunch in Sushi Train.
Learning history from Masa san and took a lot of photos at the Esplanade.
Everything was impressive and I was happy. Thank you very much. The time I spent in a significant nature was grateful.
I learned one big thing today. It is that Japan is the victim of the nuclear power plant but at the same time we might have been the perpetrators. I found that when I watched the movie about the uranium. In the video, Yvonne Margarula told her story that the uranium of the mountain which her father owned caused the Fukushima power plant disaster. Actually her father was against that the white people mined uranium but they forced through. She felt really sorry and apologised. When I heard it, I felt like we Japanese were also the perpetrators. I had mixed feelings.
We might have found why we are having speeches in front of people. We can tell how scary the nuclear power plants are with our speeches.
I learned so many precious things and thought a lot today. I think now I can see one thing from many different aspects. Thank you very much!

We enjoyed taking photos, including jumping or many different angle photos.Thank you so much.



Miko Kambayashi


There were some crosswalks of yellow coloured. There was a bike-only path.
At the Botanic Garden, I could see a lot of Cairns plants in a close distance. There were so many of kinds of plants which we couldn't see in Japan. The paths in the garden was winding so that you could feel the leaves very close to you, which was interesting.
We had a lunch at Sushi Train. The appearances of sushi were a bit different from ones in Japan, they were so cute and yum. I just realised that they invited us free of charge today.
At the Esplanade, we took some dynamic photos. When I jumped, I was a little shocked that I couldn't jump so much as I expected.
I learned about History of Cairns from Masa san. It was a bit complicated and I couldn't understand everything though, I understood that a lot people died and the reason why the clock tower indicated 4:28.

I watched the movie of indigenous people, and I learned that the nuclear reactor incident affected not only Fukushima people but also the Australian indigenous people because their hearts were grieving.
For those people, I want to convey my thoughts about Fukushima situation to everyone through this camp.
On the way home, I saw a lot of little kangaroos. They were tiny and very cute. After we got home, I went out for a walk towards the beach with Claire and Chris. The beach was really beautiful and everyone who passed by greeted with a smile. I thought this is very nice place.





Yushi Ito



For the first time, I went to a sushi restaurant in a foreign country. I saw a lot of sushi which we cannot see in Japan. They were so delicious.

It has only been 2 days of home stay, and I have already been able to talk to Brent comfortably. I couldn't talk well yesterday because I was nervous, but I tried to be calm and successfully portrayed my idea. 
At Sushi Train, I liked the combination of avocado & schnitzel! I was surprised by a lot of unique plants in Botanic Garden.

I listened to a talk by an indigenous lady. I had been thinking that we, Fukushima people were the only victims, but because of the nuclear power plant accident, there were more people besides us who had heartaches. I had mixed feelings.
Even though they were not guilty, the indigenous people looked like they were very guilty. I felt sorry to see that.



Karin Hirakuri


* We exchanged our views on the nuclear power plant disaster and discussed whether we agree or disagree with operating nuclear power plants.
* I learnt that there are aboriginal people in Australia who have been grieving about the fact that the uranium extracted from their sacred land has been fuelling the Fukushima nuclear power plant that exploded.

There was an opportunity to talk with a person who migrated with young children to Australia from Japan and acquired permanent residence due to the disaster. Everything has both good and bad sides, and truth cannot be fully captured without considering it from many perspectives - it was something I knew in my head, but I could think about it from that person's life experience. Although it was scary to think about that circumstance, I listened while thinking about how I would have acted if I were in that position.

How terrifying that (nuclear) accident was 8 years ago; the things I didn't want to recall; and how I lived wth struggles the last 8 years. It was comforting to know that I was not alone in going through that.

I am not always necessarily 'right'. Even so, I must gather as much information as I can and come to some kind of conclusion. I am sure there will be major turning points down the track. Even then, I need to cherish and arrive at my own "Karin's" perspective.

That is what I thought about.




Yua Kanno


At the botanic gardens, I saw various flowers and trees that I came across for the very first time. The names of the plants were labelled in English so I would like to look them up! (The leaves were very big haha).
There was a video clip that I also saw for the first time and it made me think about a lot of things (please see below for more).
I also got to hear a lot from Harada san.

.....
Today, I went to the botanic gardens. There, I saw a video clip about the nuclear power plant disaster. 
When I saw this video clip, I realised that I have been holding onto a wrong view, and that is that only the people of Fukushima were the victims of the nuclear power plant disaster. 
It became clear that the nuclear power plant has been importing uranium from a mine, and those in charge of the land where the mine was built were feeling apologetic about the accident. However, there was a problem, which was that the white people did not listen to those who were in charge of the land, and exported uranium against their will. When I learnt about this, I thought: "These people are not to blame; in fact, it's the people who did not listen who are bad. So why are they feeling so sorry about it and grieving so much? If it were me, I would just say, 'I warned you but you didn't listen!' ... The uranium people are very kind."

In the future, I would like to be someone that could disseminate the right information with my own voice. I would like to share what I learnt to people of Fukushima.


For lunch, we went to SUSHI TRAIN.
We ate sushi that we would not find in Japan like katsu with avocado hand-rolled sushi. It was very delicious.

In the afternoon, there was a history session with Mr Harada. I learnt that what I thought was simply a sculpture was in fact a "monument". I find out more on Saturday so I'm looking forward to it.

After going back, I went climbing with my host family. I saw birds and insects I had never seen before. Apparently even crocodiles live in this mountain!! But I could not see any :-( 
I was tired after climbing, but the view from the top was stunning. 
I sung songs like "Do Re Mi" with the host family's children. 

Today was a really fun day. I look forward to tomorrow!



 Hirotaka Kuchiki


Things that impressed me or seen/heard for the first time:
-The situation in Australia after the World War I and the other countries during the war
-Vegemite
What I did today:
-We went to the Botanical Garden and took some photos of the plants and had a relaxing time.
-I tried vegemite at the Home Stay. It tasted like miso.
-We had sushi for lunch and there were some menu that are not in Japan such as the California Roll and Yokohama dumpling (Why Yokohama??)
-We learned about the Gallipoli War in Australia.
-We listened to the owner of the Uranium mine. I felt bad when I heard him feeling sorry for us (about the nuclear disaster caused by the Australian Uranium) even when he is not directly involved in the accident.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿