2019年8月16日金曜日

Day9 Free day with Host Family

Day 9 Refresh Camp  

Fukushima kids had free time with their host families.

image


These are Kid's report.
Thank you very much for all host families.

All kids had a wonderful day!


Yua Kanno

Yua Kanno

I challenged the ropes course inside the zoo today! That was my first time to experience. I managed to communicate with people there!! I saw a chocolate seed for the first time.

I got up at 8:25 this morning, lol. It was very late.
Miko & Yuhi came to my place and we went to Cairns Zoom together.
There was a rope course inside the zoo and when you looked down, you could see "crocodiles", it means thrilling!! Also the ropes were always swinging and shaking and I was scared. If you would come to Cairns, please try it!
After that, I went to a market. A lot of fruits, vegies and jewellery were sold there. I found a thing which I'd never seen. It was a seed which had a chocolate inside...! I was very surprised.
I made a hole on a coconut and drunk it with a straw! The taste was unusual for me, lol. We had a lunch there as well.

After I got home, I played nerf guns with my host brother and I enjoyed watching Iron Man movie and dancing Bon-dance. Everything was very fun!!
For dinner, I had kangaroo meat. It was so yum!




Hirotaka Kuchiki




I saw a big waterfall.

I had a relaxing time in a forest.
I ate the crocodile meat for the first time, I found it tastes almost same as chicken.
I got explained a lot of things.




Ayaka Fujii

I went to the Historical Village (Herberton) today and saw some antique tools and aboriginal tools. As I had been wanting to see those kind of stuff, I really enjoyed it. After that, we visited a hospital. My host mum is a nurse and she took me to the operation theatre with scrubs. I didn't imagine that I could go into the operation theatre which I had ever seen on TV dramas only.

...I didn't imagine that I could visit an operation theatre. After I learned about Australian culture at the Historical Village, I went to the hospital with my host mum. I wanted to have a look her workplace. I had believed that I could only browse around in the hospital, just visiting or greeting in several departments. However, she took me inside the door said "Staff Entry". "What? What is going on?" I thought like that and followed her. Gradually I started to be worried if I was allowed to be in there. But I had heard that she was a nurse and conducted operations with doctors actually, I thanked my host mum that she took me to the actual workplace.
Before entering the theatre, we put on the blue scrubs and a cap, then put on one more something heavy. We turned on the lights of the theatre (I was amazed by only this) with no patients inside, and put on the gloves and masks, sanitised my hands then entered in the theatre. I felt like I became a real doctor and delighted. I saw the other operation theatres on the same floor. I had a look the towels which were for the patients. Inside the towel storage was 60 degrees temperature. The towels looked so warm and comfortable. After we went out of the door, I felt, "whew, lucky I didn't happen to see any other doctors and nurses!"
It was a bit thrilling experience though, I really enjoyed it! I am very grateful to my host family. Thank you so much!
If I could have any more chances, I would like to visit hospitals again.
I liked the food we had today. Especially, burgers and ice cream were nice. Of course other food were all nice! Thank you very much.





Miko Kambayashi



I found the cars ran very fast in Australia.

I went to the Cairns Zoom and Wildlife Dome. The animals were close to us and there were lots of kinds of animals.
Inside the zoo, there was a ropes course which I did with Yuhi, Yua and his host family kids. It was very high and I couldn't find so many places to hold and it was really scary. I experienced two stages and in both stages I screamed too much so I ended up with my sore throat.
In the evening, we did a BBQ. For the first time, I had a white cheese like food called "HALUMI"? (halloumi). I had never had it in Japan and it tasted a bit funny, but I liked it.
After dinner, I had a video chat with my family in Japan. Host family enjoyed it and I was glad. I saw Claire's parents and they gave me an Australian bag. It was aboriginal designed and I was very happy.





Karin Hirakuri

image

For the first time, I went shopping to the big shopping mall.
I managed to order lunch by myself.

I went to a shopping mall so big that its size was incomparable with Fukushima's. 
I couldn't find what I wanted and wandered around a lot, but at last I could buy the thing I wanted and in addition, I was able to talk friendly with the shop staff and I enjoyed the whole day.
For lunch, I had wonton noodle soup. It was very hot, but it was delicious. Eschallots and bean sprouts were served fresh and a bit spicy.
At home, I played with the dogs and the cats, watched TV and took a nap.
I had a relaxing day. It was a very fun day.





Taisei Kanno
image

For the first time, I saw the bungy jumping tower. I was amazed because I'd ever seen it only on TV.

The highlight today was the bungy jumping. I couldn't jump actually but I stood on top of the tower, where I felt scared more than I'd expected. I saw around 10 people who jumped from there, and I was surprised that they did not hesitate to jump at all.
The thing I was astonished was a toy made of real non-native species of frog. I heard that they felt sorry to kill the non-native frogs which increased too much and turned them to toys. 
Not only that item, but also there were a lot of items in the Night Market, which I'd never seen in Japan such as crocodile teeth and kangaroo skins.




Yuhi Watanabe
image

It was free day today with our host families. My family went to a place called zoom with Yua's family and Miko's family. There were a lot of animals such as crocodiles, koalas and birds. There was a rope course as well. I walked on the ropes and it was really scary! Miko and I kept screaming, lol.
I was about to give up when I completed the course. That was very fun.
After zoom, we went to a market and had lunch. They sold a lot of fruit there. I had coconut juice for the first time in my life. A bit weaker than the taste of pear? Or the taste of melon? It was an unusual taste for me.
I had Korean chicken rice for lunch. It was a bit spicy but very nice. The quantity of the meal was as much as a large size in Japan and I was full.
After lunch we separated.
And then, I said "I want to shooping." to my host father. He took me to a supermarket near my place.
It was huge. It was so huge that I took a long time to shop. I bought a lot of souvenirs for Japan.
At home, I had a rest. After that, we went to a park with Yua. There were many Japanese people. They were doing a Japanese dance. We tried it first together but gave up because it was hard. After that, we played basket ball. Even in Cairns, Japanese people were trying to spread Japanese dances abroad. I also made up my mind to pass on our culture to the people in Cairns during the rest of my stay.
Dinner was salmon, sweet potatoes and salad. It was a bit similar to Japanese food and I was happy. I was surprised that they ate sweet potatoes with chilli sauce. I like sweet potatoes by themselves the best, lol.

image



Yushi Ito


It was host family day.
First of all, Brent showed me his workplace, which was a fish farm. There were a lot of fish which I'd never seen before.
The fish & chips for lunch was yum.
We went to the beach, the big waves were nice and cold.

I saw some big fish called Kue (big cod). It was my first time to see the fish, and I was impressed by its size.
I also saw a lot of beautiful and funny faced fish, which I'd never seen and they were amazing.
I ate fish and chips for lunch.
I usually didn't like white fish but this fish was really nice and I had a lot.
We went to the beach after that. The dog ran around as well. Usually I was hardly able to go to beach, so I played a lot this time.
At last, I went shopping to buy some souvenirs for Japan. I bought Twining tea bags.
It was a fun day today!
















































0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿