2019年9月5日木曜日

Messages from Fukushima Kids to all supporter and everyone in Cairns

Day13 Refresh Camp

Fukushima kids went to back to Fukushima and they did final speech in Fukushima.



 
image


All students did very well.



During their staying in Cairns, Fukushima kids really felt people's warm support.
These are message from children.

Thank you very much for your great support.

________________


Ayaka Fujii
image

To everyone in Cairns

Through this project, I was given courage. Everyone in Cairns welcomed us warmly and encouraged us. It made me so happy. I really enjoyed my time in Cairns. At first, I was worried, but people in Cairns welcomed us in very kindly. Thank you so much.
8 years ago, the Great East Japan Earthquake occurred. Tsunamis and the nuclear power plant accident had a big impact on the hearts of many people. Due to this disaster, food in Fukushima became not safe to eat. Now, we've made some recovery, but there are still many foods with restrictions on shipment. Moreover, children in Fukushima need to take thyroid check up every year.
Through this project, we were able to experience many things that we could not have done in Fukushima. They were all very enjoyable.
Thank you so much for your support to this project. I'll keep on taking steps towards my dreams.
THANK YOU!!



image


___________

Karin Hirakuri
image


Karin Hirakuri

To everyone in Cairns

Thank you so much to Maki san and so many people who helped us greatly. 

Thank you so much.

I was able to come here and spend time freely.

There was nothing to worry about and no restrictions holding us back. It was very enjoyable.

We will go back to Japan. Now that we have learnt so many things, I feel that we have a duty to share our experiences with people in Japan.

I will not forget the time in Cairns.

I will come back ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Please give me a place to stay when that happens lol

Finally, thank you so much.

Please come to Japan ♡


image


_____________________

Yuhi Watanabe

image

Yuuhi Watanabe 

To everyone in Cairns

Thank you for your support for people of Fukushima. Thanks to your help, I made many great memories. On the first day, we took part in the event. It was then that I experienced for the first time hosting a stall. It was a hot day and it was tiring. It was only a few hours but I became very tired, and that was something I never experienced before. However, I'm aware that you've spent many more countless hours doing things like hosting stalls for us. I thought it was really tough. If it were me, I couldn't have done it.
For others. Not yourselves, but for others. I was so exhausted just for that few hours. I can't even begin to imagine what it would've been like for you.
I thought that I'd like to work for others in the future. The people that I encountered in Cairns were all very kind and smiley. The fact that I was able to spend an ordinary life is a precious treasure. After the Great East Japan Earthquake, there are many children who evacuated from Fukushima. Some of them have been treated badly at their new schools, being called germs. I saw such news often.
After seeing that, I became afraid of going outside the prefecture, even when travelling to Tokyo with my family. Thoughts such as "what would happen to us if people saw the car plate and found out we were from Fukushima?" went through my head.
Amidst these experiences, I participated in this project. The people I encountered through this project talked to me with smiles on their faces. My worried disappeared at once. I felt strongly that Japan would be a better place if people like you were around more. Thanks to everyone in Cairns, I became more cheerful. I can't say it enough. At the same time, I felt that true goal of disaster recovery is change in people.
If people could look at the children of Fukushima without the lens of discrimination, like the people in Cairns did, I thought that Japan would become better. That's what I learnt.
In Cairns, I had so many experiences, like playing outside with heart abandoned, and communicating with so many people... Everything is a treasure, and a memory for life. This is all thanks to your help. There are not enough words to express my thanks. I can't wait to come back to Cairns.
One day, I will repay your kindness. One day, everyone will like Fukushima.
One day, people of Fukushima will be smiling.
One day, we'll return to the Fukushima that was before the disaster.
With much thanks.


image


______________________________

Yushi Ito
image


Yuushi Ito 

To everyone in Cairns

The people in Cairns were cheerful, friendly and considerate. Brent and Olivia, who were my host family, and everyone in Cairns, welcomed us warmly. 
While spending time being refreshed in the grand nature of Cairns, I learnt many things with my friends.
The 11 days here have become an irreplaceable experience. I also made many friends. I talked to many people and laughed. So I'm sad to say goodbye. However, I'll definitely come back.
To everyone in Cairns, to all who supported us, to all the friends I shared laughter with, and to Brent and Olivia, I look forward to seeing you again!
Thank you so much!



image


image

____________________________________________


Taisei Kanno

To everyone in Cairns

Thank you for your help the last 11 days. At the BBQ on 30th, I was reminded how we were able to come to Cairns thanks to your support. Thanks to you, we could come to Cairns and go on the plane to go back to Japan. Fukushima has made good progress with disaster recovery. However, the main problem of radiation has not improved at all and requires ongoing assistance. Once this problem settles, I will definitely repay your kindness.
Thank you very much.

image



_________________________


Hirotaka Kuchiki

Hirotaka Kuchiki

To everyone in Cairns

Thank you for helping me in so many various places throughout the last 10 days.
Thanks to you, I was able to have a great time. I was really moved that you have such big heart for children on Fukushima.
It was good to be able to share about Fukushima now and about the disaster.

image




image
_____________________________


Yua Kanno
image

Yua Kanno

To everyone in Cairns

I applied to take part in this project with the intent to share what happened on the day of the Great East Japan Earthquake with my own voice, and to experience intercultural exchange. I am not very good at English. Therefore, I was concerned whether I could convey the situation. However, many people in Cairns have been so kind to me. If I say, "hi", I'll get a "hi" back. People would try to understand me even if I used broken English, and talk to me using simple English, so I found it very helpful. I was also worried whether I would be able to communicate well with the host family, but thanks to various people's help, I was able to communicate with them.
Each day, or rather, each second with my host family has been enjoyable. I'm so thankful! Now that I think about it, in the first three days, I was thinking: "Omar is so good at Japanese! So if English doesn't work out, I'll just wait for him to speak in Japanese." If I could, I would speak some sense into myself back then!

I met various people who cared for the earth and its environment, such as (Frank at) eco banana farm, Taka and his organic farm, and Nick who leads a self-sustained lifestyle. I'd like to apply what I learnt to my own life. Other than this, I was really surprised to hear stories from Masa (on history) and also about the stories around uranium. What I learnt from Masa, I want to share it with everyone. With the stories on uranium, I was really touched that there was so much care (from the aboriginal people) towards us, as if people of Fukushima were their grandchildren. The white people were not that good... is what I feel honestly.
When I shared about the current situation in Fukushima, Australian people were kind and sincere, nodding to what we were saying and at times uttering "oh no".
Then there were the aboriginal people, Paronella Park, tropical rainforest, the sea... There is so much to write about but that will take forever so I'll need to wrap it up lol.
Finally, I want to say thank you to Smile with Kids and Mr Kodama for running this project!! Please call me if you need anyone to share anything. I'll go all over Japan, or even the world!! (Illustration of a map of Japan with an arrow pointing towards African continent). Please keep up your good work!!
Thank you so much.



image



_______________

Miko Kambayashi
image


Miko Kanbayashi

To everyone in Cairns

Thank you so much for all your support. It was my first time to go overseas and I was worried whether my English would be understood. However, everyone was kind, and they could speak Japanese fluently, so although I was exhausted on my first day, I felt good.
A big thank you to: Peace Boat, Wa Band, Botanic Garden, Sushi Train, Eco Banana Farm, Paronella Park, organic farm, Rainforest Station, Nick;s house, Frankland Islands, OK Gift Shop, the all boys school.
There are so many others who supported us - thank you so much!
Your support and generous donations enabled us to go to many different places and make wonderful memories.
It was so fun I almost didn't want to go back to Japan. I was that happy. But I have to go back, so I will return to Japan. I will share my experiences with my friends, teachers and family in Japan, and I want them to come to Cairns. I would like to come back some day. I want to improve my English and put in some effort! Thank you very much!!


image
























0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿