2017年5月6日土曜日

Refresh Camp day7 -talking session for the future-

Day 7 of Our refresh camp, we visited Australia Conversation Foundation.

https://www.acf.org.au


___________

Pouch owner Keiko wrote article in Japanese about this talking session.
http://cayco-m.com/blog/lifestyle/smilewithkids-acf-talk/

Thank you Keiko san.
_____________


Andrew who act for environmental protection and protects the right of indigenous people.

He begin with work of gardiner and wanted to make more environment better.
then started volunteer of NGO.







He listened kid's opinion what do they think? and He really wanted to make world better place together.

It was great time for Fukushima Kids also.



----------Andrew's talk--------

As Environmental protect Activist, I am working for free nuclear from the world.

This activity related Australian Uranium and Fukushima Nucler.

Japanese Tsunami and diserster in 2011 was shoking news for us.





Many people don't know about this.

I would like to let prople know that Fukushima Nuclear imported from Australia.


That accident in 2011 approved that uranium and Nucler weren't safe.



This is magazine we made.




_______________________


This is very important message from Ms Yvonne Margarula,
________________________



Aboriginal communities have spoken out against uranium mining for decades.

There were important message from their anchester about those land.



This is an important video, particularly at the end where Yvonne Margarula acknowledges the disaster at Fukushima and expresses her sadness that uranium came from her country.

Australian uranium fuelled Fukushima
·  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqM1GZuILGA


_________________


Andrew said "Let's talk about our future.Please let me know your opinion"


Fukushima kid's had discussion time with Mr Andrew.

That was meaningful time fot them.

______________











Fukushima kid's said


Koki:I was happy to know that people outside Fukushima think about us very much. I really appreciated.

Himari:I didn't know Fukushima nuclear used Australian uraniam.
And people felt guilty about that.
I would like to let youger generation people know about what happened and would like to prevent this happen again.


Miku: With Video, I supprised aborijinal communities had felt guilty about Fukushima nuclear accident.

Andrew said their organization trying to move 100% substantial energy by 2050.


_______________________




This talking session translated by Akina.

She came from Horsham in VIC for volunteer.
We really appreciated.

_______________________


Photogragh by Cairns post.

Fukushima kids could walk in the nature with bare feet and really enjoyed Cairns.

Thank you very much.







Thank you so much.
______________________


We visited Pouch.

https://www.facebook.com/PouchAustralia/

Thank you very much Keikosan&Misuzu san for continous support.





They made speeach and thanks to Keiko san.

____________________






We visited Ok gift shop.

https://www.facebook.com/okgiftcairns/


Ok gift shop Cairns always support Fukushima kids.
Thank you so much!





They put donation box for supporing Fukushima kids and Kumamoto people.





Thank you so much for great support.

Fukushima kids really enjoyed shopping souvenir for family.



Japanese Magagine Living in Cairns came for photo shooting and introduced their website.

http://www.livingincairns.com.au/whatsnew/news/smilewithkids_refreshcamp/

We really appreciated.

____________________________


School Visit

We could visit St Augustines College Cairns.

https://www.cns.catholic.edu.au/st-augustines-college-cairns/


Fukushima kids made speech about Fukushima.



Group discussion









Fukushima kids really happy to meet local kids.

Thank you so much for great opportunity.


Great school!

__________________


Visited Edge Hill Village Cafe on Collins
https://www.facebook.com/villagecafeoncollins/

The cafe owner Mark and Caroline family support our project from last year.
They invited Fukushima kids for afternoon tea.

Kids really enjoyed this beautiful cafe and yummy drink and banana bread!





Shoko from Go Vita joined us and talk about healthy food with Fukurhima kids.

Thank youu so much for great gift as well!


Then Talking session.
Fukushima kids shared their story and feeling.









Thank you very much for listeing and great time.




Thank you so much all for supporting our project with many way.

We really appreciated your support!





********************

Fukushima kid's report

********************



Miku Iwasaki



In the morning we listened to Andrew’s talk about the use of uranium in Australia. I even didn’t know that Fukushima was also using the uranium from Australia at the time when the nuclear power plant was running. I think there are many other people who do not know about this fact. 

When I heard that there were some Australian people who feel regretful about the fact that the uranium exported from their land, I felt very sorry for them. Those people did not export the uranium on their own will, but I was sorry that the nuclear disaster in Fukushima may have hurt their feelings. To avoid such things, I really think that we should spread the use of sustainable energy in Japan and all over the world.
In the afternoon, we went to see the classes of Year7 and Year 8 students. 


In the Year8 class we watched the 2011 tsunami movies. I had not seen the actual tsunami movies, so thinking that the tsunami actually came like that it was very scary. At the same time, I thought it was good that the students also learned how scary the tsunami is from the movies.

Today’s activities were mainly about the nuclear disaster. There were a lot of things that I learned and felt within a day. When I go back to Fukushima, I want to tell about this to as many people as possible.




_________________

Koki Fujita




I found Andrew’s talk extremely interesting. I was able to understand how some Australian people feel about uranium issues. I felt that in order to change people’s awareness about nuclear energy among people in Fukushima and Japan more widely, it was important that we would share what we heard from Andrew more widely.

Later, we visited a local school which is known as the best all-boys school in Cairns. I was really happy that I was able to make a speech better than any other time - it was clear with good accent. In addition, I talked to many local students and made friends. The fact that I was able to interact with more than 10 people was because I was able to not only exchange words but was able to have a heart to heart connection with them.

When I was about to leave, I made a promise to them: “Let’s play basketball some day”. I would like fulfill this promise.





_______________________


Emiru Okabe




Today, we heard from Andrew about uranium issues. Uranium is one of the key ingredients in operating nuclear energy reactors. I learnt that uranium has been found in places where the Aboriginal people have long associated as “dangerous place” and “places that should remain untouched”. I also heard that mining companies have forcefully gained access to the uranium mines to develop it and dig out uranium.

I learnt that when the Aboriginal leader of that land, who is the traditional land owner of the uranium mines site, heard about the nuclear disaster, that she felt personally responsible for it and that she was grieving. We also watched videos of other people. It was encouraging to learn that there are many people around the world who are showing concerns about what had happened in Fukushima. 

However, at the same time, I also understood that there are people outside of Japan that are related to the issues of uranium mines and nuclear reactors who are grieving and struggling because of it. I felt that I want to and need to share about what I’ve heard about today to many people as possible when I go back to Fukushima.

At OK souvenir shop, they gave us 20% off discount and even gave us water as gifts. I was so thankful that many people are supporting us. After this, we went to a local school to have discussion time and also to have lunch together. When we saw the video clip of tsunami, there were some people who were being silly, and it made me think that it’s important to share about what we experienced to as many people as possible.

At the cafe, we were treated to delicious juice and pound cake.
Today, I felt that there were some delays in moving from one place to another. I thought it’s good to revisit “for what purposes have I been invited here” and to spend the next two days with that in mind.






______________________________

Mito Kondo



From this morning to noon, we listened to the talk about uranium. It was very interesting. Andrew’s talk was very detailed from the start to the end so it was easy to understand. From the story about the indigenous leader, we learned how much the nation is wanting the uranium. 

However, Andrew is trying to help those people and I thought he is amazing. For example, he told us about gathering the citizen’s voices and submit them to the government, and it was interesting.
After that we went to OK gift shop. I was glad to be able to buy many souvenir.

After buying souvenir, we visited a school. The students’ English was easy to understand and helpful for me to speak with them. I enjoyed it a lot!

After the school visit, we went to Mark’s shop. The food was good and the shop’s atmosphere was also nice.Because there were some spare time, I helped Yoshi’s shopping. At Mr.Kodama’s share house we talked about Fukushima. They listened to us with empathy so I was happy.




________________________


Manaka Mashiko




Today, we farewelled Jason, Chika-san and Emily chan, whom we spent time with at the farm. 

Everyday we had lovely time together such as over cooking meals together. We got to ride on Jason's mountain bike (quad bike) and drive it. I was scared to drive on it so I reached later than everyone else. 

In the afternoon, we went to the zoo. Last time when I went to another zoo, I took a picture ofcuddling (the animal) so I didn't take any photo this time round. Other people commented the experience as "smelly". 

For lunch, we went to eat sushi. I love udon noodles with curry sauce so I ordered it, but it was quite spicy and so we tried to eat it together, which was good. 

There were some interesting sushi there, which was fun to see.




________________________

Ririko Kanno



Today, I had an opportunity to hear from Andrew about uranium issues. I was not able to ask questions or make comments, but when I showed him my written speech, he said to me that he was “moved and impressed by it”, which made me feel happy.

Later, we had a short period of 20 minutes to buy gifts. I was not able to buy gifts for everyone but it was good that I was able to buy some delicious-looking sweets.

In the afternoon, we went to "all boys school”. It was my first time to go into an all-boys school. There were many cute guys there (lol). During the discussion time, they spoke kindly and considerately so I was able to understand them a little. 


They made bento lunch for us; it was close to the ones in Japan and it was tasty. In cafe, I was treated to some nice drink and I’m thankful. There, we were able to share what is happening in Fukushima right now. 

When we got back, I went out for jogging with Andrew and Koki, and we ran about 7km. It was tiring but really fun.




_________________________

Himari Hamatsu



Today, in the morning we went to learn about uranium issues. I was touched to hear that there are people in distant places who sincerely feel concerned about what is happening in Fukushima. Also, today I learned for the first time that Australian uranium was used in Fukushima nuclear power plant. 

After this, we visited a local school to do speech and then had lunch there. I was able to do a better speech compared to yesterday, which is good. I ate the lunch that host mother made. It was delicious.

In the afternoon, I went to a cafe where Koki’s host mother works. Many people there took interest in what I had to share, which was good. I believe that we should not generate electricity using nuclear energy. I believe we should pursue 100% renewable energy. I want to think about how we can eradicate nuclear power plants from this planet.

I’m really happy that I’m able to drink tap water without worrying about water.




__________________

Masato Kaneko



-Adrew’s talk
There were a lot of things I learned from his talk. I was impressed how much an Australian person know about Fukushima that is so far away from Australia, and at the same time, I realised how ignorant I was about the nuclear power plant even though I live in Fukushima.

-OK gift shop
I bought a lot of souvenir for myself. We could buy them with a discount thanks to their discount voucher. Thank you all the staff members.

-School
At the school I was able to build friendship with the students in similar age and we talked a lot. It probably happened like this because I was actively trying to talk to them. I want to continue to be willingly involved in things.

There were many things I’ve learned today. We are going to the Frankland Island tomorrow so I want to play a lot and feel refreshed.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿