2017年5月30日火曜日

Frankland Islands Cruise

Fukushima Kids visited Frankland Island! 
We really appreciated to Frankland Islands Cruise for invite Fukushima children.
They all really excited!



45min bus ride from city then 60min cruises.

You can enjoy river & Ocean cruise.This is very special!




After 11th March, Kids haven't swum in the ocean in Fukushima.
So they really excited to go to Island today.

Arrived Frankland Island!!!




Semi submarine tour.




They could see turtle and beautiful coral under the water.


Snokeling.





Lunch Time



There were choice either walking Island or more swim after lunch.

Fukushima kids choose to swim, because they can't swim at home, they wanted to stay in the water as long as they can.

They had a great time.



Really enjoyed nature at Frankland Island.



Koki did speech a couple time on the boat talk about Fukushima situation and his dream.



Thank you very much for listening.


Thank you so much for invite Fukushima kids for this beautiful Frankland Island.


We really appreciated.



Thank you so much for your support Jimmy, Yuki , Minami and all staff.







Cairns Sun Article.
Thank you!!!



*******************************



Fukushima Kids's report

Manaka Mashiko



Today is the day I looked forward to the most. At my school in social studies class, my teacher said that Great Barrier Reef is very beautiful and corals are adorable. Since then, I’ve always wanted to go there. I’m so happy that my dream came true today. It was my first time to try snorkeling and I was worried whether I can do it well, but I was able to breathe from the mouth well, which was good. Here, I became closer to Ririko. I saw the Ririko was struggling to swim, so I helped her and chatted to her. I realised that we get along well and became closer as friends. Up til then, we were just friends but throughout the camp, she became my closest friend. I was able to stay good friends with her, which was great.


Mito Kondo

Today, we went to Frankland Islands from the morning.

The ocean was beautiful and I was really moved. In the semi-submersible submarine, I saw many coral reefs. I was able to also see fish and turtles, which was really fun. I also did snorkeling and was able to dive quite deep into the sea. Table corals were very beautiful!

For lunch, we enjoyed delicious buffet. 

On the return boat trip, I slept because I was tired. I was also able to sleep on the bus, which was good.
After this, I hanged out with Himari. We played on trampoline and went out shopping, which was fun!




Himari Hamatsu



March 31st Himari

Today, we went on the Frankland Islands tour.

In the semi-submersible submarine, we were able to see a sea turtle, which was great.
We also did snorkelling together. We were able to see many beautiful corals, which was awesome. There were also many fish.

We enjoyed lunch while viewing the stunning sea. It was delicious. 
After lunch, we went swimming together. We took many photos, which was great.
I slept on the return boat and bus rides.
Going to the sea for the first time in a long while was really tiring but really fun.:-)
Thanks to everyone's support, we were able to enjoy such fun and precious experience. Thank you so much.



Koki Fujita



Today, I went to Great Barrier Reef, which was somewhere I looked forward to going.

 The place was far more beautiful than what I saw in my school textbook. I would describe the place as heavenly.

When I dipped my feet in the sea, I felt a strange and mysterious kind of sensation. It felt like I reunited with a friend I had not seen in a very long while. For me, I think it's been about 10 years since I last went into the sea. Swimming with a pair of fins on my feet was something unfamiliar and I struggled with it, but I realised how much I love the sea. 

On the return boat trip, I did a speech in English. The person I was speaking to frequently nodded, so I 
was able to speak with feelings.
In the last two days, I started to enjoy making speech very much. Bit by bit, I started to gain confidence. I want to give it my best to improve it. I noticed that the more I do speech, the more I become better at pronunciation, and I feel that it's evident I'm growing more.

 I look forward to doing more speeches tomorrow.


Ririko Kanno


Today, we went to the Great Barrier Reef.
It was what I looked forward most in coming to Australia. I was really excited to go.
We finally reached there and it was really beautiful.

I thought that the part where the green turns to blue in the waters was very beautiful. 
I went on a submarine for the first time. On it, I saw corals and fish. It was a bit hot in there, but I really enjoyed myself. We went on an uninhabited island. We chose and put on wet suits, fins and masks, and with the staff there, we said "let's go!" and off we went to the sea.
At first, I struggled to keep the mask on. Bt Maki san assisted me with that, which was helpful. From there on, we dived and swam a bit. I kept on wanting to breathe from my nose but I was able to breathe with my mouth. It was good. It was tiring but I really, really enjoyed myself.



Emiru Okabe



March 31st Emiru Okabe

Today, we went to the Frankland Islands. 
It took a while to reach the island, but once I saw the beautiful sandy beach, the feeling of being tired instantly went away!!

First, we went on a semi-submersible submarine and saw some corals. 
We managed to see a sea turtle, which was great.
With snorkeling, it's been a while since swimming with fins so I was happy :-)
Lunch was delicious, too, and I learnt about bits of general knowledge from the tour guide.
It was disappointing that the waters were slightly cloudy, but I was so happy that I was able to enjoy the world heritage with my own skin!!
On the boat, I was able to smile and greet various people.
But just a bit frustrating that I'm not able to chat to people a lot like Fujiko (Koki).
But since there is only one day left, I want to be more proactive in talking with people.
I'm aware we are receiving such big discount on this trip and great services because of the support from many people. To express gratitude to these people, I really want to show it more in my attitude.



Miku Iwasaki


We went to Frankland Islands. It was what I looked forward to most in this trip.
When we arrived at the island, we first went on a semi-submersible submarine. Then, we went back to the island and enjoyed snorkeling. I struggled to put on the mask properly, but I was able to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the ocean in the end.

Last summer, I went to the sea in Hyogo prefecture but it was not that spectacular, This time, the sea was stuningly beautiful and I'm so happy we went together as eight of us.
There are only three days left for all eight of us to be together, so I really want to cherish the remaining time together.


Masato Kaneko



Frankland Islands Masato Kaneko

Today, I swam in the sea for the first time in a long while. This is because after the nuclear accident, the sea in Fukushima had become contaminated and it no longer became possible to swim in it.
Frankland Islands' ocean was beautiful and it moved me. I'd love to swim there again. 
In fact, it was my first time to do snorkeling there. It was really fun to swim into the unfamiliar waters with Mito and Fujiko (Koki). 

For lunch, there was buffet and we ate a lot of meat. Since coming to Cairns, I may have eaten the most at this point. In Fukushima, it's almost unheard of to eat so much meat by the seaside so it was very good.
I'd love to do something like this in Fukushima some day.

Therefore, I'd love to take part in restoring Fukushima's environment to the point that I can do something like this.






Thank you so much Frankland Island Cruises once again.

Fukushima kids really enjoyed day out with Frankland Island Cruise.

We really appreciated continous support.





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿