2018年4月6日金曜日

Cairns Refresh Camp 2018 Day8 ~Fun Day with Host Family

Day 8.

It was Saturday and the Fukushima Kids spent a time with their volunteer host families.
We would like to introduce the highlights with their diaries.



Kohki Hisada

31 MAR Koki

Went to Hartleys Crocodile Adventures. I was really surprised that they keep 3000-4000 crocs there.
I played the game called Laser Tag Cairns at Lazer Fun. It was fun and I wish we have it in Japan, too.

Lazer Tag Cairns is basically the game that you just keep moving around and shooting enemies.
This game was so enjoyable and my host family and I were moving around so hard and got sweaty.
In Fukushima after the disaster, many families don’t allow their children to play outside so I wish we had this type of game that we can have fun indoors.

My host mother, Miki, asked my favorite celebrity and I said “Matsuko”. She liked her, too and showed me a book written by her. Matsuko is great person, indeed.


Is this your favourite flavour, Panna Cotta??  Ice cream in Cairns is the best, isn't it?

Steak looks yum!!





Mahiro Fukuda

Saturday, March 31st
Day 8
Mahiro


What stood out for me today:

We went hiking. It was very hot but the track being close to the airport, it was great to see the planes taking off. That was good! At night time, we went out to the sea and ate some burgers. It was a happy time.

Some reflections:

Today, all day, I felt like crying. To think that I have only two days left here made me feel very sad. Today, I wrote a letter to my host family. I borrowed a laptop and I tried wiring in English. Oh….I think I might cry tomorrow. Pretty sad.

We ate our dinner by the beach. Tonight was full moon. The moonlight shone brightly reflecting on the sea waters. I really felt so glad to have come to Australia. From the bottom of my heart. And I’m so glad I met this host family. Only two days left… Still two days left… 100% two days left.
Tomorrow, I hope we can do BBQ. Let there be sun!
I want to tell everyone how thankful I am. It’s hard to meet again the people that I met here the last eleven days. So I really want to say thank you while I’m here in Australia. I also want to give it my best when I do my speech.
Two more days.


A brilliant day for the bush walk!





Origami is the best tool for sending messages.  Great work!





Mio Sagawa
Saturday, March 31st
Day 8
Mio

I went to the beach and swimming pool with my host family today. I was surprised by many pipis when I was digging on the beach.

On the beach, my sister and I were just keeping digging the pipis. Lol I tried Stand Up Paddling, too. I had fun and the breeze was beautiful. After that, we went to swimming pool as well so lots of swimming in a day. It was really good as I made a plenty memories with my host family. When I was nervous on the first day, they welcomed me warmly, made me feel relaxed, and also they took me to various places. They were such nice people! As I heard my host family talking in English, I want to be able to talk in English more. I’ll never forget about supporters and host family in Australia.






How was your first SUP experience?




Photogenic!


We call them "Pipis". You've got a lot!  Good job!






Mizuki Nomura

Mizuki Day8 31 MAR

I went to the aquarium in Australia for the first time. I was surprised that there are a lot of reptiles such as snakes, little crocodiles and lizards as well. Actually I met Sumire K there.
I had a great opportunity to look around the staff area in a hospital. I got an operating gown, a mask, a cap and gloves. Thank you very much!

*I found a snake in the aquarium
*They showed me around the operating theatre
*I played tennis with Taichi (one of the supporters' son)
*Kodama san's sunburn was surprising
*The sushi in Sushi Train was delicious! (I think it's better than sushi in Japan... my own opinion though)
*Ayato (Taichi's brother) was good at tennis even though he is still young
*I enjoyed talking about my favourite Japanese boy's band with Sanae (Taichi's mum)
*There was a plenty of stock of the operating (medical) gear at the hospital
*Thank you for showing me around in a lot of places!
She has been playing tennis at the indoor court in Japan.  Outdoor tennis today!



Today's highlight!  Visiting a hospital, got dressed as an operating nurse!  Thank you Catherine!




Cairns Aquarium




Nana Maruyama / Wakana Takeda

Saturday, March 31st
Day 8
Nana

Today we went to Mossman gorge and joined Dreamtime walk tour by aborigines. Then we moved to Palm Cove beach. It was very fashionable and I was so happy that my host took me to places where not many people go.

In the aboriginal tour, we learned they use leaves and water as soap and stems for patches.
And some coloured stones can melt in the water and they used it for body paints. It was very interesting to know that each of their paintings has different meanings. We talked a lot with Jun and Masayo during the tour. It was fun as I got to know about aborigines and sceneries like a river for example, were beautiful.
On the way back from Mossman, I found it’s interesting that I saw the beach in low tide where was choppy and high tide on the way up.
Next, we went to Palm Cove beach. There were many cool restaurants and shops. I took many photos in front of the beach as the leaning trees were nicely lined up. It was funny that foreigners were just talking and walking right in front of me when I was talking photos. lol
And we stopped over at the supermarket called Coles. I and Wakana made some original pizzas today. We used store bought base. The first one was “honey pizza” with cream cheese and a drizzle of honey. The second one was with tomato and 5 cheeses on pizza sauce. The third one was with olives, sundried tomatos and feta. The fourth one was with avocado and cheese. All of them were yummy and awesome.
I made a lot of memories that I cannot put them all here today. It was really fun! Thank you so much!!


Saturday, March 31st
Day 8 Wakana
Page 1/2

What stood out for me today:

* What I saw for the first time, what was impressive: Mossman Gorge and the surrounding nature, tropical rainforest
* What I heard: what I want to know more about: History of aboriginal people
* What I felt: Gratitude towards natural environment, gratitude towards the fact that I’m alive right now

Some reflections:

This morning, I said good bye to my host mother, Gwyneth. I gave her a letter that I wrote and I was bale to express my thanks. We also hugged when we farewelled and it was really lovely. She had me at hers for days and although it was a bit sad, I told her that I’ll be in touch with her immediately after I get back to Japan.

After this, it was a free day so I went out with Masayo, Jun, Ryoko and Nana to Mossman Gorge tour. The moment I went there (stepped out of the car), I was able to hear the sound of wind and smell the fragrance of nature. The people working at the cafe there were all aboriginal people and I was surprised. At that point, I had realised that I did not know much about aboriginal people and I wanted to learn more about them.
At the beginning of the tour, we had to go through a process of ‘cleansing’ by way of smoke ritual. Then the tour guide said in his own aboriginal language, “We will now enter the forest. We will not do anything bad”.
The moment we stepped in, I felt as though the forest was welcoming us in.
The rocks were big and the mosses were beautiful, and I was able to experience what Jun was talking about "the nature and its fragrance from the Cretaceous period about 40 million years ago”.
And then, the tour guide showed us some stones that were used to crack open nuts in the olden days, soaps made from plant leaves, and tall trees that were used to call people far away. I understood how rich the wisdom of the aboriginal people was, and appreciated its long, rich history.
Having participated in what would be quite a rare tour, it felt really good to have such precious experience.
(Nature is amazing!)
Tomorrow is the last day in Cairns. I want to make sure I have no regrets. I want to convey what I want to share. In the evening, I want to express my thanks as much as I can.








Wakana & Nana went to the Mossman Gorge together.




Palm Cove

Girls made some pizzas for the host families for dinner!  Yum!






Sumire Kuge
31MAR Sumire Kuge

I spent all day with my host family. In the afternoon, we went to aquarium. I was surprised that this aquarium also showcases snakes, chameleons and some insects.

We had relaxing morning and we went out from afternoon. First, we had fish and chips which is deep fried fish and potatoes. It was first time for me to try and I enjoyed it.
Next, we went to aquarium. There were so many fish and they were so beautiful. We stopped over at some information booth but I understood only a little. But it was fun as my host family taught me a bit by bit. On the way back, we popped in a ice cream shop and I picked chocolate flavor. It was really good day!!



Peace signs with smiles!  English skill has been definitely improved.

Peace signs again in Cairns Aquarium.  Actually they met Mizuki there!







Sumire Noda

31 MAR Sumire Noda
My host family took me to Crocodile Adventures.
It was a bit scared as the boat cruise was so thrilling.
We surprised that we ran into Kouki.
I collected sand and seashells on the beach.

It was free day. My host family took me to Crocodile Adventures. It was interesting to see many animals that I’ve never seen.
Especially when we were on the Crocodile watching cruise, it was a bit scary to see a crocodile eating chicken excitingly in just a couple of meters away.
After the cruise,I saw many Australian animals like kangaroos, koalas and wallabies.
My host family also took me to the beach. I picked some seashells and sand as souvenirs for Japan.
I’d love to thank my host family for taking me around all day!
I want to express everything I’ve learnt in Australia this week in my speech tomorrow.



Hello, baby croc!  How does it feel?



A bit scary...




You must have had a nice day with the animals and plants. 
Thank you for the photos!




The first day in Cairns was also the day with host family. 
Today was the second day of spending whole day with them.
Something must be different between those two host family days...
It might be their mind, improved skills or the relationships with the host families.

Not only this day, for the 9 days in total, the big big support of the volunteer host families
were significant.  Thank you so much for your help.
The smiles of kids told how much they enjoyed!!   

Thanks again.


























0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿